Schedule and Location:
The KWSQA board is pleased to invite all speakers to our Speaker Dinner on Monday, September 24 at 6:00 pm. at Beer Town Cambridge. This is about a 10 minute walk from the Cambridge Hotel, but if you’d rather have a ride we can definitely accommodate – just let us know.
You are welcome to submit up to $800 CAD (for a 45 min talk) or $300 CAD (for a 15 min talk) of travel-related expenses, which will be reimbursed after the conference. We will send you instructions for submitting expenses, closer to the event.
In cases where a talk has multiple presenters, each presenter is entitled to claim the full expense amount.
As a reminder, you can use group code KWSQA to receive a discounted rate at the Cambridge Hotel & Conference Centre. More details on the Venue page.
Note: the best airport to fly into is Toronto Pearson (YYZ); from there you can take a taxi or rent a car to get to the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area.
- Hot breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided on day(s) of conference that you are attending
- Track speakers, keynote speakers, and workshop presenters receive 1 complimentary, non-transferable TQ2018 Day 2 Registration on September 25 (does not include seasonal membership to KWSQA KWality Talks)
- Workshop presenters and keynote speakers also receive an honorarium in CAD
- Each presentation room is equipped with a projector, screen, and HDMI cable. Presenters are responsible for bringing their own laptops, and adapters if needed
- If you are a workshop presenter and specified additional materials or setup required for your workshop, we will make arrangements accordingly
- All presenters have agreed to abide by the KWSQA’s Code of Conduct: http://kwsqa.org/about/code-of-conduct/
- The KWSQA reserves the right to cancel the conference at any time prior to the start of the conference; please see our cancellation policy at http://kwsqa.org/about/cancellation-policies/
Timing and Length Reminders:
If you are giving a 45 minute talk, please keep in mind that 45 minutes is the total length of time you have. It’s up to you if you’d like to leave any of this time for questions; if so, please plan to finish your talk before the 45 minute mark. There will be a 15 minute break following your talk where you can also have follow up conversations with individual attendees if you wish.
If you are giving a 15 minute talk, please plan to finish at or before the 15 minute mark. There will not be any time allocated for questions, as the next 15 minute presenter will begin immediately after your talk finishes. There will be plenty of other breaks throughout the day where attendees can follow up with you if they have questions or comments about your talk.