As the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our daily lives, we are making our 2021 KWality Talks available online for free.
Register: Online Using Eventbrite, Zoom link will be included in registration confirmation email
Time: Stream will start at approximately 11:55 am. Meeting starts at 12:00 pm. Meeting ends at approximately 1:00 pm.
Speaker: Joel Montvelisky
These past months, since the world went into Pandemic State, have been unique in many ways, bringing important changes to the way we work and live in general. The overall results of this pandemic were and still are disastrous.
But, everyone who knows me keeps telling me I am a stubborn optimist, and so I can still see a number positive outcomes from the current situation.
In this talk, I will go over five Testing related lessons that we will be able to keep using (hopefully) once COVID is long gone:
– Around the Clock and Around the World Testing
– Collaborative processes
– Transparency based Management
– All-Team testing
– Coordinating Automatic and Manual testing
In the session we will:
– Learn how working apart in distributed teams can help development teams get feedback faster and release functionality at higher speeds than ever before.
– Learn how to build a collaborative process that can increases communication despite physical distance to create more value and bring new ideas to the table
– See how managers can lead their teams better and create a team-work atmosphere by establishing transparency inside their teams.
– We will go over steps to ensure managers are not harming the independence of their individual contributors or falling into the ugly trap of micromanagement.
– Understand better why the all-team-testing approach makes sense and can help the team release faster.
Bio: Joel Montvelisky is a Co-Founder and Chief Solution Architect at PractiTest.
Joel has been in testing and QA since 1997, working as a tester, QA Manager and Director, and a Consultant for companies in Israel, the US and the EU. Joel is a Forbes council member, a blogger with the QA Intelligence Blog, and is constantly imparting webinars on a number of testing and Quality Related topics.
In addition, Joel is the founder and Chair of the OnlineTestConf, and the co-founder of the State of Testing survey and report.
Joel is a conference speaker, presenting in various conferences and forums worldwide, among them the STAR Conferences, STPCon, JaSST, TestLeadership Conf, CAST, QA&Test, and more.